Pageviews

Translate

Like something? Catch it!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Say what you mean, and mean what you say"



Yesterday i wrote a post called being open and honest can be nerve wracking and it really was. Until Sir's reply came in and i let out a sigh of relief.

You see i wrote Sir a letter yesterday, a very long and open and honest letter of how i feel about my submission and what i feel i need. I know i've touched on this with a few posts already, and we've also had some previous conversations about it, but i realized how obtuse i have been in my attempts to convey something so important. Something too important to be unclear about.

Sir has a saying "say what you mean and mean what you say", and i have a long time ago promised to live by that principle. This was my attempt to try to honor that.
So doing "the right thing" and doing something Sir actually asks of me, how could that be nerve wracking? Well first of all honesty in itself can be difficult, maybe even more so honesty to oneself. And there is always the risk of being misunderstood (my specialty btw), especially in how you mean something, even if the actual information is understood correctly.
Sir didn't misunderstand me at all, He understood me completely.

The letter was mostly written in third person. Sir don't require any specific speech from me, He is satisfied with me using His given name. Sir is optional. Everything else is OTT. Personally i like Sir, it sets the right tone for me and serves as a good reminder of who is what in our relationship.
I think writing it in third person was partly what was adding to my nervousness, i guess i worried i'd look silly.

As i said, i needn't have been nervous at all, not only was it completely understood, it was appreciated.
He actually said "I think it is a very well composed mail, both useful and it demonstrates you want to do the right thing."


And i feel good for doing it -and a little proud too if i'm to be completely honest.

With love,

1 comments:

Elder said...

You should be, as you actively seek to advance our relation. As I said it shows you want to do the right thing. Change is good and it is a letter that will bring change for the better.

June 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

























Reading to keep an eye on

Reading to keep an eye on
 

©2009 - 2013 My submissive journey | Template by TNB modified by melinda Sweetgirl